How To Get & Play Minecraft Vr On Oculus Quest 2
There are three ways are getting Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2, and all of the three is kind of convoluted, so bear with us. The first way is by using Vivecraft, this only available for the Java Edition of Minecraft. The second way is by getting Minecraft directly to the Oculus Quest 2. Finally, the third way is by not using your system for the primary resources. I will explain all three below.
How To Play Minecraft Vr On The Oculus Quest
As amazing as the Oculus Quest is, it’s still not as easy as it should be to play Minecraft on it. Let’s fix that, right here, right now!
If you have read our review on the Oculus Quest you will know that it gets so many things right, with just a few caveats that may well be deal-breakers to some people. However, one of these issues should not be the inability to buy and play Minecraft probably the best game ever created and Im not getting into an argument about that!
How To Play Minecraft In Oculus Quest 2
To play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2, the players need to complete some prerequisites. Heres How to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2:
- First, the players need to install Java on their PC
- Then the players need to buy and download the Minecraft Java Version on their PC
- After that, the players should run the game to check if it is working fine
- Then the players need to download and install Steam VR on their PC
- After that, the players can download Vivecraft to run Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
- Then the players need to open the Minecraft Java version and choose the Vivecraft Profile to run the game on the Oculus Quest 2.
- To connect the Oculus Quest 2 to the PC the players will need a cable and install the Virtual Desktop Streamer Application
- And finally through this method players can easily enjoy Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2.
Also Check: Discord Logo Maker Free
Important Information To Be Aware Of:
- Oculus Quest and Quest 2 dont include Minecraft.
- To play Minecraft on your Quest, youll need a VR-ready PC and a link cable.
- It is possible to play both Bedrock and Java versions of Minecraft using the link cable.
This article will guide you on playing Minecraft in virtual reality with your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 headset. Below are the instructions for both the Bedrock and Java versions of Minecraft. If the instructions are followed accurately, we hope you will enjoy the best VR gaming experience possible.
Official Method For Bedrock Edition
To use this method, you will need a VR-ready PC, a Link Cable for your Oculus Quest 2, and Minecraft Bedrock Edition from the Microsoft Store.
- The first step is to download the Oculus Software& Minecraft from the Microsoft Store.
- Now with the Link Cable, connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC.
- Once that is done, you can go to the Oculus Home and from the Library run Minecraft. This is how you can play the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2.
You May Like: How To Change Your Skin In Minecraft Pocket Edition
Is Oculus Quest 2 The Best Vr Headset
The Oculus Quest 2 is the best VR headset right now, but you may want another option if you have a PC or PlayStation 4/5. More changes will come. If smartphone-based VR comes back, itll more likely be in the form of small headsets that plug into phones via USB-C for VR content, VR gaming and other uses.
How To Install Minecraft Vr On Oculus Rift
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to install Minecraft on the Oculus Rift PCVR headset:
Recommended Reading: Free Minecraft Server Icons
Is 64gb Oculus Quest Enough
Summary Unless youre a hardcore Questor you can probably live with 64GB, providing your internet is a reasonable speed. Hopefully, my experience with Quest 1 above, alleviates the concerns of many of you who want to try VR for the first time, or maybe plan on buying a headset or two for your kids.
Minecraft Gearvr Edition Sideloaded To Your Quest
The last method to play Minecraft on your Quest / Quest 2 is to sideload the GearVR edition of Minecraft to your headset. This means that you can play Minecraft on your Quest in standalone mode.
The GearVR edition of Minecraft is actually the Bedrock Edition. The difference here is that it will be installed and run on your Quest / Quest 2 headset, instead of your PC which was described in the previous method.
What you need:
- Any PC / Mac
- Install and set up SideQuest
- Needed to buy the Minecraft GearVR edition and get the APK file that will be installed on your Quest headset
- If you are feeling like a lucky pirate, then search the web or Reddit threads to find an APK.
To set up sideloading via SideQuest follow the official manual. The complete step-by-step guide to install and run Minecraft GearVR on your Quest / Quest 2 headset can be found in this detailed Reddit thread.
The Youtube video below is also definitely worth watching and will help you in getting this method to work:
Note! Some older Minecraft GearVR versions seem to work with the Oculus Touch controllers .
Read Also: Id Tech Minecraft Camp
Vivecraft For The Oculus Quest 2
To use this method, you will need a VR-ready PC, a Link Cable for your Oculus Quest 2, Minecraft Java Edition, and SteamVR. To know if your PC is ready for VR, download & install SteamVR.
- Firstly, download the latest version of Vivecraft.
- At the Download process, follow the steps and allow any permission if requested.
- It may ask you to download a Java file, if so then do it.
- When you run the .exe file, it will open up a page, and make sure to change the RAM allocation to half of your PC RAM.
- If your PC has 8 GB RAM, then set it to 4. Likewise, if your PC has 16 GB RAM then set it to 8 GB, so on and so forth.
- After that step, install Vivecraft.
- If you are connecting your Oculus Quest 2 wirelessly then you will need to use a third-party app. Virtual Desktop or ALVR is what you will need. Virtual Desktop is a premium app but is very reliable while ALVR is free but is a hassle to set up.
- You will need to buy Virtual Desktop for the Oculus Quest otherwise it wont work if you are going Wireless.
- Once you have everything set up, launch SteamVR on your Oculus Quest 2 and then Vivecraft from your Minecraft Launcher on your PC, and Minecraft should be playable.
- For the Wired technique, its pretty much the same the only difference is that you dont need Virtual Desktop or ALVR, just the Link Cable and you are good to go.
How To Get Minecraft On Oculus Quest 2 Without Pc
Yes, you read it correctly. You will be able to play VR Minecraft through the Oculus Quest 2 without a PC. Well, without a good PC. You can give the power of a high-end PC to your mediocre to Low-end PC. As long as you have a good Internet Connection. You can achieve this by using Shadow. All you have to do is Download and Install Shadow onto your PC and follow the required steps. Shadow is not free and you will have to pay a monthly subscription. By applying the necessary steps from above, you will be able to get Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2 through Shadow.
These were all of the steps required to get Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2. Hopefully, this guide has helped you in experiencing the game with true immersion. You can also check our guides on How to Charge Oculus Quest 2 headset and controllers& .
Read Also: Minecraft Bedrock Banner Designs
How To Play Minecraft On The Oculus Quest 2
Virtual Reality has become more popular nowadays. Oculus by Facebook is considered one of the first virtual reality games. The name of the first gadget was Oculus Rift. Still, at the moment, the players can try playing the new version named Oculus Quest 2 and are curious about the process of setting everything up and playing Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2. So, this guide will cover this question in full.
Download And Install The Oculus App On You Pc
You need to install the Oculus app onto your desktop computer. You can do that at this link. Make sure the Oculus App is installed, connected to your Oculus account, and that the Oculus App is open and running on your PC.
It is also a good idea at this time to Click on settings in the Oculus app, and then General. Make sure the option Unknown sources Allow apps that have not been reviewed by Oculus to run is enabled.
If you have the Windows 10 version of Minecraft then you already own the Minecraft VR official version. It will be located in your Oculus Rift library.
Also Check: Can You Play Minecraft Online
Would You Be Able To Play Minecraft On Oculus Quest Or Quest 2
There is a local form of Minecraft Bedrock release for the Oculus Rift, yet Minecraft isnt accessible for Oculus Quest or Quest 2. You can in any case play Minecraft on your Quest, yet provided that you have a VR-prepared PC and an Oculus link. Your PC runs the Minecraft application and sends visual information to the headset, permitting you to play Minecraft in VR as long as you stay fastened to your PC.
Its feasible to play Bedrock and Java renditions of Minecraft on your Quest, yet the cycles are somewhat unique. Assuming you dont claim either form yet, youll need to buy either before you can play on your Quest. Now lets get into, How to play Minecraft VR on oculus quest.
How Do I Get And Play Minecraft Vr With Oculus Quest 2
Get and Play Minecraft VR with Oculus Quest 2: Minecraft is an incredible Sandbox game that incorporates the 2D Pixels design into a 3D-based game.
You can interact with blocks in the game but not look at the block. You can certainly get close to the unions and alter the angle of your camera, but thats not the point.
When it comes to interaction, youre restricted to the rules established by both the Game and the Gaming System.
Do not fret there is an option to get the total immersion with Minecraft, and thats through the use of Virtual Reality.
Its it with the Oculus Quest 2 in this instance. This guide will show you how to install and enjoy Minecraft using Oculus Quest 2. Oculus Quest2and gain true immersion in the game.
Don’t Miss: Minecraft Server On Windows 10
How To Play With Oculus Quest 2 In Minecraft
On our PC we must have the Java version to be able to run it, then we download it, and we must be sure that it is executed correctly, then we will download Steam VR, then we also download Vivecraft being this VR minecraft for Steam VR, now We open it and choose the Vivecraft profile so that it can be run in Oculus Quest, apart from the installation of Virtual Desktop Streamer is ideal, with which our PC screen can show our VR helmet.
Now having everything mentioned on our PC, what we will do is run Virtual Desktop Streamer, we connect to our PC, start Steam VR and run the game, it certainly does not become the most fluid option, but we can run the game without problems, while an official option is presented with greater fluency.
In this way we finalize our Minecraft guide, now you know how to play with Oculus Quest 2, just enjoy it to the fullest.
How To Play Minecraft Edition On Oculus Quest
Our guide will work for Quest 2 as well if that is what you are after. As far as the VR experience is concerned, you will find it easier to work with the bedrock edition compared to the java version.
We have already mentioned that in the case of the Bedrock edition, you only need:
- The official Minecraft app on your machine
- The official Oculus app on your machine running the Minecraft app
- The official Oculus Rift Minecraft app on the same machine
- The official Oculus Link Cable
You will have to connect your Oculus headset with your computer via the Quest link cable.
Here are the steps you need to take.
Recommended Reading: How To Play Minecraft On Piano Easy
Vivecraft To An Oculus Quest 2
For this method to work, it is necessary to have a VR-ready computer and a Link Cable to connect the Oculus Quest 2 Minecraft Java Edition and SteamVR.
To find out if your computer is compatible with VR, download and run SteamVR. But, first, download the most recent version of Vivecraft.
You must follow the steps and give permission when asked during the download process. For example, it might ask you to download the Java document, and if it does, you must do it.
When you launch the .exe file, it will display the page. Be sure that you set the allocation of RAM to 50% of your computers RAM.
If your computer has 8GB of RAM and you want to change the RAM up to 4. If your computer is equipped with 16GB RAM, change the RAM to 8GB then the list goes on.
Following that, you can start installing Vivecraft. If youre connecting to your Oculus Quest2 wirelessly, youll require a third-party application. Virtual Desktop or ALVR is the one youll need.
Virtual Desktop is a premium application however, it is highly reliable. ALVR is free however, it can be a pain to install.
It is necessary to purchase Virtual Desktop to run it on your Oculus Quest to use it in the case of Wireless.
Once youve set everything up, you can launch SteamVR on your Oculus Quest 2, and then Vivecraft using the Minecraft Launcher on your PC, and Minecraft can be played.
Requirements For Playing Minecraft On The Oculus Quest 2
So, you decided to play Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2. In this case, we recommend following the instruction below:
- The primary step is to ensure that you have Java on your PC.
- Then please buy and upload the Minecraft Java Version.
- Test the game, try playing it to make sure it works perfectly.
- If you succeeded, then please upload Steam VR on your computer.
- The next step is.
- Please start the Minecraft Java version and select the Vivecraft Profile to begin playing the game smoothly on the Oculus Quest 2.
- So, utilize a cable and install the Virtual Desktop Streamer Application to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to the PC.
Have you followed all the steps? Congrats! This is the moment when you have the possibility to play Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2 successfully. Have fun!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, youre in the right place. Check out our job ad today!
Read Also: Minecraft Pc Redeem Code
How To Install Minecraft On Playstation Vr
As of September 23, 2020, Minecraft for PSVR is now available as a free update to anyone who has the game! Just make sure your game is updated and you will have access to enable Minecraft VR mode when you put on your Playstation VR headset.
On September 7th, 2020, a new blog post on the Sony blog announced that Minecraft virtual reality is coming to the PSVR!
Anyone who has Minecraft for Playstation 4 received a patch that automatically gives access to Minecraft VR functionality. Youll need a PSVR setup to use it, but everything else is automatic.
If youd like to buy the game, check out the official Sony Minecraft store page.
By Step Instructions To Play Minecraft Bedrock Edition On Oculus Quest Or Quest 2
The Bedrock Edition is not difficult to get running in VR. All you want is the Minecraft application introduced on your PC, the Oculus application on your PC, the Oculus Rift Minecraft application introduced on your PC, and a connection link to interface your Oculus to your PC.
This is the way to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on your Quest:
This isnt the full Minecraft application. Its simply a free application that permits Minecraft Bedrock Edition to run in VR on Oculus equipment.
You May Like: Minecraft Java Redeem Code
How To Get Minecraft Vr On Oculus Quest 2
Minecraft is an amazing Sandbox game that brings the 2D Pixels aesthetic to a 3D game. You can interact with Blocks in the game but cannot get a good look at it. Sure you can go closer to the block and change your Camera angle but thats not it. In terms of interaction, you are confined to the rules set by the Game and your Gaming System. Dont worry as there is a way to obtain true immersion for Minecraft, and that is by using Virtual Reality. Well, using the Oculus Quest 2 in this case. In todays guide, I will show you how to get & play Minecraft on the Oculus Quest 2 and unlock true immersion for the game.