Using Mods In Minecraft: Java Edition
Java Edition users of Minecraft will need Java installed. After doing that, youll need to download the version of Minecraft Forge that matches your server version. A full list of Minecraaft Forge versions can be found here. Double-click the .jar file that downloads to install Forge.
Java Edition mods can be found all over the place via websites like Curse Forge. Simply click download on the mod you want and move it into your mods folder.
The mods folder will be located on the drive you installed Minecraft on, in a folder you can find through clicking users, your Windows name, App Data, Roaming, and then .minecraft. If theres no folder named mods in there, you can make one and just drop your downloaded mods in.
To play with the mods youve installed, youll simply need to select forge from the list of available builds on the Minecraft Java Edition client.
Can You Mod Games On Iphone
As mentioned, iOSGods is a third-party app for iOS devices that allows you to download and install tweaked, hacked, or modified versions of popular games and apps on different platforms like Android. No need to jailbreak your iPhone if you want to download and install premium apps and games for free.
How To Install Forge On Your Minecraft Server
Don’t Miss: How To Redeem Minecraft Gift Card
How To Add Mods To A Minecraft Server
Once youve downloaded and installed Forge on your Minecraft server, add the mods you want.
Preparing For Minecraft Mod Installation
Before modding Minecraft, there are a few things you need to do.
- Ensure that your device can handle mods. If youre playing on a PC, for example, you might want to upgrade your graphics to the latest version available.
- Make sure your device has enough storage. As with all installations, mods take up space.
- Familiarize yourself with the standard process of downloading external programs.
- Know the game edition youre playing. Some mods are best suited for specific editions.
- Know how to Add Mods to Minecraft.
Mods are simple to download and install, but it is important to note that not all Minecraft editions use mods. If you want to use mods, you must be using the Java edition of Minecraft. Consoles, as well as the Bedrock edition, do not accommodate mods. However, programmers have come up with add-ons that can be added to the Bedrock edition, serving the same purpose as mods.
Assuming youre using the Java edition of Minecraft, installing mods is simple. However, theres a catch. Mods do not work in regular Minecraft. First, you must install Forge. This program is specialized and designed to integrate mods into Minecraft. Luckily, Forge is widely available on the internet, and its installation is straightforward.
When downloading Forge, choose the install file that matches your selected mods version requirements. If your mods are built for version 1.15.3, you must download and install version 1.15.3 of Forge.
Don’t Miss: How Much Is Minecraft On Nintendo Switch
How To Add Mods To Minecraft Bedrock
If youre playing the Bedrock edition of Minecraft, you can grab add-ons directly via the Marketplace. However, youll have to fork out some money to get your hands on good ones. The advantage is that you get reliable, high-quality mods, and theres very little chance that your add-ons will come with viruses.
Grand Prix By Lifeboat
Kick it into high gear with Grand Prix, a survival spawn add-on that puts players behind the wheels of super fast formula one cars! Race against your friends or computer opponents in blistering fast races!
Grand Prix is the premiere racing add-on for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Have free races for up to eight humans players for fast fun, or go against the bots to see who can beat the computers.
Grand Prix even comes with a custom racetrack building mode where players can opt to create their own tracks. The provided tools are very robust, so you can make some pretty detailed tracks!
Read Also: How Do You Customize A Banner In Minecraft
How Do You Choose A Minecraft Mod To Use
Choosing a minecraft mod is a matter of personal preference, since it really depends on what you want to change about Minecraft.
If you’re totally new to modding, then the best place to start is checking out a list of the best available Minecraft mods, or visiting a reputable source for mods.
The best way to figure out what Minecraft mod to download and install is to ask yourself a few questions:
- What would you like to add or change about Minecraft?
- Are you interested in purely cosmetic changes, or do you want major gameplay changes?
- Do you just want new recipes to craft, or do you want to experience a brand new adventure or world?
Since the pool of mods to choose from is so massive, there’s a good chance that if you think of something you’d like to do with Minecraft, you’ll be able to find a mod that can help.
Another great way to choose a Minecraft mod is to check out YouTube videos. There are a ton of popular Minecraft YouTubers that test out different mods, so this is an easy way to see what looks like fun.
The only thing you need to remember when choosing a Minecraft mod is that when Minecraft is updated, it can break older mods. So make sure to choose a mod that is compatible with the version of Minecraft that you have installed.
Things To Know Before Installing Mods
There are two ways for you to install mods in Minecraft PE, through a third-party app or manual.
- Aside from version requirements, it is best to read the fine print instructions in any mod before downloading. They might have custom crafting recipes, require enabling experimental mode, or force you to travel to specific locations to get the mod functioning properly. For example, if you are installing a car mod, you need to read up their guide on how to build a car.
- Furthermore, not all mods and add-ons will work with all versions of the game, and some mods that are still floating around the net havent been updated so they may not work well with Minecraft PE.
- It is recommended to start with a new world with any MCPE add-on, as the mod might make substantial changes to your game .
Read Also: How To Make A 24/7 Minecraft Server Free
How Do I Get Minecraft Mods
Once you have it installed, you have to run Minecraft once, select the Forge profile, and click Play once, to get it to create the mods folder. Then, to install a mod, you download it to the Minecraft mods folder , and then start Minecraft, choosing the Forge profile installed mods are always active.
How To Install And Play With Mods In Minecraft: Java Edition On Pc
There are already nearly unlimited possibilities within the magical world of Minecraft, but you can make Minecraft even grander with mods. Mods are additions and expansions that can do practically anything you could imagine, from completely altering a game’s core mechanics to simple things like making everything blue. Mods in Minecraft: Java Edition can be a ton of fun and help breathe new life into a game that some people have been playing for over a decade.
Installing and playing with mods in Minecraft: Java Edition can be a daunting task for the uninitiated. That’s why we’ve put together the ultimate guide to installing and playing with mods in Minecraft: Java Edition:
Also Check: Id Tech Camp Minecraft
The Mind Crafters Course
Mind Crafters has 10 chapters with distinct objectives. Kids learn the basic commands through coding puzzles, then move onto deploying their first mods in Minecraft Pocket Edition. They will switch between Tynker and Minecraft as they try out their code in Minecraft. In Cityscape, Railway System, and Underground Explorer, young coders create different types of infrastructure within Minecraft. In addition to learning how to create new structures programmatically within their Minecraft worlds, kids naturally learn programming concepts as they play.
By Step Guide For Installing Minecraft Pe Mods
Simply follow these steps to download and install mods for Minecraft on your Android or iOS device:
- Go to the App Store/Google Play Store and look for “AddOns for Minecraft PE “.
- Open the App after the installation is completed.
- Select the desired mod and select “Copy to Minecraft.”
To create a New World in Minecraft using mods, players need to do the following steps after download and install the mods:
- Play > Create New > Create New World
- Scroll down to the Behavior Packs or Resource Packs section on the left panel. Select either of them, pick a mod then tap below it. Select Activate to mark it for activation in your new world.
- Tap Create in the panel to the left to start a new world with mod activated.
You May Like: Best Minecraft Xbox One Seeds 2017
Creating A New World With The Mod
1) Tap on “Create New World.”
2) Under the Game section, enable all the Experimental Settings. Scroll down to the Add-Ons section in the panel to the left.
3) Select the Resource Pack or Behavior Pack and select the mod.
4) Tap on Activate. This will enable the mod in the world to be created.
5) Tap Create on the panel to the left.
Will There Be Mods For Minecraft Ps4
If your talking about downloading and playing mods like in Pocket Edition or PC, then no because it hasnt been officially made so that so you have the option to download and play them on your ps4. The bedrock versions are mcpe, Windows and Xbox. And the Java versions are Ps4,ps3,Xbox 360 and ps vita.
You May Like: Free Minecraft Bedrock Server Hosting
Setting Up The Minecraft Launcher
Once you’ve installed the Minecraft Launcher, follow these steps to set it up:
Once the Minecraft Launcher has updated and opened, sign-in with your Mojang or Microsoft Account.
Once you’ve logged in to your Mojang or Microsoft Account, verify that you’re can play Minecraft: Java Edition by looking for the large “Play” button.
The 10 Best Minecraft Pe Mods And How To Install Them
by Game Oracle
Players on the go with Minecraft Pocket Edition — now simply just known as the Bedrock version of Minecraft — used to get the short end of the stick in terms of features and additions. That’s no longer the case, and the good news is that MCPE add-ons / mods are now officially supported in-game!
The bad news is that getting them installed and activated can be a chore because there’s so much conflicting information as certain programs stopped working with later editions of the game.
Want to spice up your Minecraft experience with mods and add-ons? First we’ll explain exactly where to go to install them plus how to get them working, then we’ll leave you with our top 10 picks for the best Minecraft PE mods!
Recommended Reading: Minecraft Redeem Code Java
Dream Island Madeira By Pixelbiester
Welcome to Madeira, the dream island where anyone can do anything they want! In this life simulator world, players will become a resident of Madeira and discover the beautiful islands sights and sounds.
Dream Island Madeira is the perfect game for players who want to chill and hang out with their friends or roleplay. There are no high-intensity fights or battles here, just simple hanging out.
Explore Madeira and talk with the local townspeople to learn about the islands history. Buy a dog and take it for a walk, or decorate your own little villa for others to see. Take advantage of the local transportation to get around the island quicker there are buses, planes, cars, bikes, and boats waiting to be used!
Install Mods In Minecraft Pe Android
- Manually installing mods on Android works almost the same as in iOS, however, you have to download the FX File Explorer app first . File management apps like this allow you to find and apply your mod much faster.
- After installing the file management app, just browse Mcpedl.com and download the mods and Minecraft texture packs you want that use the .mcpack or .mcworld file extension. Afterward, open the downloaded files using file explorer and import them to Minecraft Pocket Edition.
After installing the mods, just switch to Minecraft and create a new world similar to the steps mentioned above in section 2.
This is the end of our guide for installing mods in Minecraft Pocket Edition. Interested in more of our articles related to Minecraft? Please check out this post to find out 5 Underwhelming Mobs In Minecraft That Need Upgrades.
Recommended Reading: Minecraft Redeem Code Pc
Why Are Minecraft Mods So Popular
Before mods came along, games were very much like movies. They would only offer a single, predictable storyline, and you had no choice but to stick to what was delivered. In addition, the reward system was fixed and predictable. As a result, games would become boring and repetitive rather quickly.
Enter the world of mods, and the possibilities are limitless! Talented programmers have ensured that almost every aspect of the game is customizable to give you a new experience every time you pick up your playing device.
How To Download And Install Mods On Minecraft Pocket Edition
Mods have a weird relationship with games, given that they are not exactly official, but they add to them in a very meaningful and interesting way. To download and install mods for Minecraft on your Android or iOS device, simply follow these steps:
Now, players can create a New World in Minecraft by using the mod and following these steps:
- Tap Play
- Tap Create New
- Tap Create New World
Don’t Miss: How To Wear A Banner In Minecraft
Installing Minecraft Mods On Android
Unfortunately, its not possible to use true mods with a handheld version of Minecraft, similar to the limitations you find on consoles. Luckily, you can use a third-party app, such as Add-ons for Minecraft, BlockLauncher, and Mods for Minecraft to let you customize the game how you want. This is how it works:
Step 1: Navigate to the and install BlockLauncher, a popular, useful app thats widely used to load mods.
Step 2: Follow the apps directions, as BlockLauncher will give you different instructions based on the type of device youre on.
Step 3: Return to the Google Play Store and download Mods for Minecraft PE. This app will allow you to download and install your mods quickly and efficiently.
Step 4: Head to the search function and use it to search for the mod you want to download.
Step 5: Once you find the perfect mod for you, click Install. This will automatically install the mod into the game you selected.
Safety Concerns About Minecraft Mods Textures Skins And Modpacks
While Minecraft mods are usually pretty safe, there are always risks involved with downloading and installing files that you find on the Internet. Some of the most important concerns are:
- The mod itself might contain malware, spyware, or a virus.
- The site you download a mod from might be infected or could be a malicious site that intentionally infects your computer.
- The mod could contain inappropriate content or not work as advertised.
- The mod could potentially mess up your Minecraft game through some unforeseen interaction between the game files.
Most of these potential problems can be avoided by only downloading Minecraft mods from reputable sources. If a mod is well known, and the creator of the mod has an official site, then that’s always the safest place to download from.
If you’re not sure whether or not a mod is safe, then looking at a site like The Minecraft Forum is usually the best option. This allows you to take advantage of the knowledge and experience of the Minecraft community, but there are still some important things to keep in mind:
- Avoid downloading mods that were posted by brand new forum accounts.
- Avoid downloading mods that have no comments.
- Look for mods that have been around for a while and that have a variety of positive comments and no comments that indicate the presence of a virus, malware, or inappropriate content.
Some good resources for finding safe Minecraft mods include:
Read Also: Minecraft Nintendo Switch Bundle