Free Alternatives To Minecraft
Minecraft has spawned several copycat games, which have grown in popularity as well.
- Minetest: A free and open-source game that is very easy to set up and play. The style is similar to Minecraft and it also has community developed Mods, for enhanced play. Its available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
- SurvivalCraft: Do you have what it takes to survive on a blocky deserted island? Mine for blocks and builds the tools youll need to survive. It can be played on Windows, Android, and iPhones.
- The Blockheads: As night falls in this mobile game, the Blockheads are starting to freeze and need to build a shelter. Explore the area and mine for materials to start building or find fuel to start the fire. The game is available on Android and iOS devices.
Explore A 3d Grid Of Biomes
The game was once a standalone version for portable devices, but now you can play Minecraft across Android, iOS and on the PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and now on PS4. It is only the Windows 10 edition of the game that works with this version, and not the Java edition, which has different features. To differentiate the two types of game, the mobile version is often called Bedrock.
With the enhanced crossplay, now even more players can enjoy Minecraft and interact with each other. This sandbox game doesnt have specific goals or a particular narrative. After generating your new world, you are tasked to survive and unleash your creativity to build a virtual reality using blocks. Blocks represent the world’s materials, and players can mine them with bare hands or tools. At present, there are various materials that you can mine. But with the recent update called Caves and Cliffs, you can have over 90 new blocks. Among those is the copper block, which ages the longer you play the game.
In the gameplay, you explore an open world laid out on a 3D grid. This world is further separated into varying terrains, including mountains, oceans, snow, desert, plains, and forests, called biomes. In the Caves and Cliffs update, the mountains and cavernous areas of the map will have more height. With this, the caves you explore will be a lot more open. Don’t worry, though. Your current map will not be affected as the changes are more in the areas outside the ones you’ve explored.
Get A Free Demo From Mojang
Mojang, the company that created MC, is offering a free demo version of the game to PC users.
To get it, youll need to register for a Mojang account, which you can do here.
Once youve done that, youll need to download the Minecraft launcher, which you can do here.
The demo version of MC lasts five in-game days, which is about 100 minutes.
Its not a super long time. It does, however, give you time to decide whether you like the game and if your PC can run MC before you decide to get the full game.
Recommended Reading: Custom Minecraft Logo
How To Check And Update The Minecraft Game Manually On Mobile
Here, we are going to discuss how we may check and update the Minecraft game manually on the Android phone and iOS. There are various steps that we may use to do this process. These steps are as follows:
Step 1: Firstly, we are required to go to the Google Play Store on Android or the Apple store on iOS.
Step 2: Now, we are required to go to the Minecraft game that we have downloaded on the Android Mobile phone or iOS. Here, we may check it under My Apps in the play store.
Step 3: If a new version of the Minecraft game is available, there we saw an updated button.
Step 4: At the end of the process, click on the Update button to update the latest version of the game. If there is no Update button, the game is using the current version of Minecraft.
How To Download Minecraft For Free On Iphone Multicraft
How to download Minecraft for free on iPhone
Another free game that you can download as an alternative to the real Minecraft is MultiCraft. It resumes in all respects graphics and dynamics of the title of Microsoft and Mojang. You can choose whether to play in creative mode, playing the role of a builder, or whether to play in survival mode, instead dressing those of a unscrupulous hunter who will do everything to survive.
For the rest, the game has nothing to envy to the original if not the presence perhaps a little excessive advertising content. However, considering that it is a completely free title , it is certainly worth trying.
Also Check: How To Disable Bats In Minecraft
Get A Cape As Free Gift On Minecraft Java
Bedrock users have been using a Microsoft account to log into Minecraft for years now. But Java edition players have had the option to use a Mojang account to login into the game. But that is about to change. As of March 2022, the developer is making Java players migrate their Mojang Minecraft accounts to Microsoft accounts.
This change is not optional, so you will have to do it soon enough if you want to continue playing the game. Making players use a Microsoft account helps Mojang develop a connected and more secure ecosystem around the game. And well, the best part is that the migration process comes with a free cape.
For a limited period, Mojang is offering a free Migrator cape to all Java players. You can automatically get this cape in-game by migrating your Minecraft account to Microsoft account. All players can find the migration option in their launcher and the official website. So, lets quickly go over the Minecraft account migration process from Mojang to Minecraft for your ease.
Migrate Your Mojang Account to Microsoft
1. First, you need to visit the official Minecraft website. Here, you will see the Log in option at the top right corner. Click on it to start our account migration journey.
2. Now, a login page is going to open. Here, you need to enter the email address and password for your Mojang account. Then, click on the Loginbutton.
How to Equip the Migrator Cape
Features Of Minecraft Bedrock
- There are multiple features of the Minecraft Bedrock Edition. lets have a look at that
- Here By bone meal Sugar canes can be developed.
- Moreover, the hordes and many different substances are used to assault the player in any event when the game is played.
- Oars can be made by Pontoons by Wooden shovels.
- Here players get a chance for more splendid Nether brick/blocks.
- Multiple waters and lava surfaces.
- One of the most unique Pony Armor could be built with leather.
- Charm tables have lustrous radiance in square format.
- Amazing graphics showing snowy biomes and leaves frozen with snow.
Also Check: Minecraft Hour Of Code Answers
A Game Of Creativity And Survival In Your Pocket
Minecraft for Android, formerly referred to as Minecraft Pocket Edition, is an adaptation of the popular Minecraft game from Mojang. This time it has been designed for play on the touchscreen of your mobile or tablet. Minecraft is the best-selling video game of all time. Players explore a world of blocks while mining for raw materials, crafting tools, building structures, and competing to survive.
How To Download Minecraft For Free On Iphone Worldcraft Pocket Edition
How to download Minecraft for free on iPhone
Worldcraft Pocket Edition is another sandbox style game that takes the glories of Minecraft. Allows you to play in creative mode or survival and offers good or bad all that you can find in the version, so to speak, original of the game. Even the graphics are practically impeccable.
Read Also: Free Minecraft Bedrock Server Hosting 24 7
Install Minecraft: Java Edition On Chromeos
1. Before moving ahead, make sure you have set up Linux on your Chromebook. To explain briefly, open Settings and click on Advanced in the left pane to expand the menu. After that, click on Developers. If you have a school-issued Chromebook and the Developers menu is not available, contact your school administrator.
2. Once you are in the Developers menu, click on Turn on next to the Linux development environment section.
3. Once Linux is installed, open the Linux Terminal. Just press the search key on the keyboard and search for terminal. Now open it. You can also open the App Drawer and look for Linux apps. There, you will find Terminal.
4. Now, run the below command. This will update your Linux to the latest build.
sudo apt-get update & & sudo apt-get upgrade -y
5. After updating the Linux build, download the Minecraft.deb file from the official website. After that, move the file to the Linux files section inside the Files app.
6. Now, double-click on the downloaded file and click on the Install button. Within a few minutes, Minecraft will be installed on your Chromebook.
7. Now to access Minecraft, press the Search key on the keyboard and search for minecraft. Finally, open Minecraft Launcher. You can also navigate to Linux apps in the App Drawer and open Minecraft Launcher.
8. Next, log in with your Mojang or Microsoft account.
sudo apt-get install default-jdk -y
How To Get Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
- Open your favorite web browser such as Google Chrome and then go to the official website of Mojang : www.mojang.com
- After open, the official website, click on the “Account” button in the top right corner.
- Now, you have to log in to your Mojang account. If you already have an account, look at the top-right side of your computer’s screen, and click on the “Log In” button you see. It will redirect you to the login screen. Here, you have to type your email account and password and, at last, click on the “Log In” button. See the below image:
- If you don’t have an account, click on the “Register an Account” button. See the below image:
- After clicking on the “Register an Account” button, it will redirect you to a new page. Now, you will be asked for your email id, confirm your email id, password, and date of birth. After filling all requirements, click on the “Create Account” button. See the below image:
- When you create your account first time, you will get a verification code on your email id. Verify your account to go ahead.
- After creating your account successfully, you will again be asked to log in. Login to your account and click on the Redeem button. If you already have a Minecraft gift code or prepaid card, you can redeem it here. You will not be charged to go ahead and download the game.
- Write down your Redeem code here, and click on the Redeem button below the code. See the below image:
- Click on the Redeem Code button under your email id.
Also Check: Muttsworld Ip
Is Minecraft On Xbox Game Pass
Yes! Minecraft is available on Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC. This means that, as long as youre a paying Xbox Game Pass member on your platform of choice, you should be able to download Minecraft without having to pay anything extra on top of your usual subscription.
On the Xbox Game Pass app, search for Minecraft and youll see that you can install Minecraft to your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S or Windows 10 PC.
Minecraft Dungeons is also available on Xbox Game Pass, so thats another bonus for Minecraft-loving members of Microsofts gaming subscription service. Thats the next best thing to playing it for free!
Follow for all the latest insights. Or if youre looking for something to watch, see our TV Guide
How To Download Minecraft For Free On Iphone The Blockheads
How to download Minecraft for free on iPhone
Another free alternative game to Minecraft that I recommend you try is The Blockheads. The title is a sort of hybrid between the title Mojang and Terraria, another famous open-world game in which you have to explore the surrounding environment, build objects and protect yourself from enemies. Even in this case, free-to-play mechanics are provided.
The graphics, however, is almost identical to that of Minecraft but the visual is in 2D, so only and exclusively vertical scrolling.
You May Like: Best Minecraft Xbox One Seeds 2017
Get The Best Of Radiotimescom Sent To Your Inbox You’ll Never Miss A Thing
Sign up to be the first to know about breaking stories and new series!
Thanks, you are now signed up to our daily TV and entertainment newsletters! We look forward to sending you our email updates.
Sign in to/ register for a RadioTimes.com account to manage your email preferences
Basics Of Free Download Minecraft
For parents, Minecraft has its own set of obstacles and possibilities. Learn the jargon, learn the games most significant components, and receive advice on managing your childs gaming.
The Minecraft Parents Glossary
Do you have no idea what mods and mobs are? Your newfound Minecraft language will wow your youngsters.
Is It Okay to Allow My Child to Play Minecraft for Several Hours?
Sure, Minecraft has educational potential, but what time should children spend playing it?
Recommended Reading: How To Install Mods On A Forge Server
Can Bedrock Play With Java
Yes, Minecraft is cross-platform heres how to play with your friends on any system. If youre playing « Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, » you can play with Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and smartphone players. If youre playing « Minecraft: Java Edition, » you can play with Windows, Mac, and Linux players.
What Are Capes And What Is Their Use In Minecraft
Capes in Minecraft are a free-flowing clothing item attached to a players shoulders. They are worn additional to the players skin. So, you can even combine different styles of capes with your cool Minecraft skins. But the capes are not related to or affected by skins in any form.
Capes function similarly in all Minecraft versions that support them. But dont confuse them with the in-game item Elytra, which helps you fly. Unlike Elytra, capes dont get split in half while you are using them. Not to forget, Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft are drastically different when it comes to capes. So, lets cover each of them one by one.
Capes in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Capes in the Bedrock edition are common and easy for players to come across. All capes are public in the game and can be seen by all other players. You can equip and unequip capes easily, just like skins from the in-game Character Creator tool. Officially, the Bedrock edition keeps getting exclusive capes every few months as event-based items.
Additionally, on some occasions, Mojang has gifted players capes for their contributions to the game . Still, most of the gifted capes have also been exclusive to the Bedrock edition. Though, getting a cape from Mojang is a rare scenario for most players. But we still have other simple methods that might work for you, so keep on reading.
Read Also: Code Studio Minecraft
Sign Up For Swagbucks
Swagbucks will give you points when you do tasks online. And a lot of these are fun tasks too.
Besides getting paid to play games , you can also earn by:
- Watching videos
- Shopping online
- Taking surveys
Once you have enough points, youll be able to redeem them for sweet rewards like gift cards for:
- PlayStation store
Or you can just have your cash sent right to PayPal.
Then, you guessed it youll be able to use your free cash or gift card to buy the full version of MC, without having to take it from your own bank account!
- Sign up for Swagbucks here.
Play The Minecraft Demo On Playstation 4 And Xbox One
While the demo for the console is more restrictive than PC/Mac, it still allows you to experience the world of Minecraft. Here is where you can access the demo for consoles:
Xbox One owners can locate the demo on the Xbox Store after searching for Minecraft.
PlayStation 4 owners can find it on the PlayStation Store after searching for Minecraft.
You won’t be able to save your progress or go past the trial levels, but this is the only way to get a few minutes with Minecraft without dropping any cash.
It’s also worth pointing out that Minecraft is included with Xbox Game Pass. The subscription service isn’t free, but if you’re already signed up, you can install the full version of Minecraft without spending additional money.
Don’t Miss: Minecraft At Walmart For Ps4
How To Download Minecraft For Free On Iphones & Android
What if you want to play Minecraft on the go? Well, then you may want to get the mobile version. Its available for both iPhones and Android phones too.
Youll get access to the Bedrock edition of the game and all of the fun that comes along with it!
Sadly, theres no demo version available for phones, like there is for the PC and gaming consoles. Dont worry though! Theres another option for getting MC at no cost!
Heres where you can get Minecraft for free on your phone
How To Play Minecraft Online For Free On Pc Or Laptop
What if we tell you that you can still play Minecraft for free without needing to download or purchase the game. Mojang has recently released the earliest version of the game that was launched in 2009. The game can be played on the browser and it comes with just 32 blocks to build along with all original buds and the old interface. All you need to do is go to website. The website will then ask you to enter a username and press on Start to start playing the Minecraft Classic edition for free on your browser.
Also Check: Free Server Hosting Minecraft Modded