Find The ‘minecraft’ Mods That You Want
There are dozens of sites that offer “Minecraft” mods for free. Two of the most popular are minecraftmods.com and curseforge.com. If you can’t find the mods you want there, you can always try searching for them on Google.
However, whatever source you use, do some research. Like all third-party downloads, you’ll want to dig a little to be sure the mod download is safe and won’t cripple your game with bugs or do worse, like install malware.
Also make sure that any mod you download is compatible with the specific version of “Minecraft” that you’re running.
Both these sites have search features and comment sections, which let users report any issues they’ve had from a mod download.
Curseforge also lets you sort by and opt for mods that already have millions of downloads.
How Can I Install Mods For Minecraft: Java Edition
Installing Minecraft: Java Edition on your PC is merely the first step toward using modifications in Minecraft. The next step is to install Java, which is required for using the Forge mod installer, which well go through in the next section. Java isnt widely used anymore, therefore theres a strong possibility its not already installed on your machine.
Follow these instructions to install Java on your computer in order to use Minecraft: Java Edition mods:
1.Navigate to the Java website.2. Once youre on the Java website, look for and near the center of the screen.
3. Click the Agree and start free download button.4. Click Save As near the bottom of the screen.5. To make it easy to find, save the JavaSetup file in the Downloads folder on your computer.
6. Once youve downloaded the JavaSetup file, navigate to the Downloads folder.7. Inside the Downloads folder, find and double-click the JavaSetup file. It may have additional numbers at letters at the end of its name.
- Note: In order to open the JavaSetup file and begin installing Java, you may have to allow access on your computer.
8. to progress to the next step. You can also change the destination folder from this screen if necessary.
9. The Java Setup application will install Java. Dont restart your computer or interrupt this process.10. When Java has been installed, when you get the confirmation message.
Installing Minecraft Mods On Android
Unfortunately, its not possible to use true mods with a handheld version of Minecraft, similar to the limitations you find on consoles. Luckily, you can use a third-party app, such as Add-ons for Minecraft, BlockLauncher, and Mods for Minecraft to let you customize the game how you want. This is how it works:
Step 1: Navigate to the and install BlockLauncher, a popular, useful app thats widely used to load mods.
Step 2: Follow the apps directions, as BlockLauncher will give you different instructions based on the type of device youre on.
Step 3: Return to the Google Play Store and download Mods for Minecraft PE. This app will allow you to download and install your mods quickly and efficiently.
Step 4: Head to the search function and use it to search for the mod you want to download.
Step 5: Once you find the perfect mod for you, click Install. This will automatically install the mod into the game you selected.
Read Also: Free Minecraft Server Hosting 24 7 With Mods
Installing Mods With Minecraft Forge
First, find a mod you like and download it. It should be a .jar file. Here is a good website for downloading mods. After downloading a mod, go to the Minecraft Forge homepage. Now select your version from the list. This tutorial uses 1.8.8 as an example. Download the .jar file of the version you want to mod and run it. Just click OK, you don’t need to bother with anything else. After that, install it and then launch Minecraft. Now locate your .minecraft folder. There should be a new folder named ‘mods’.
Now drag and drop your downloaded mod file into this folder and open up the Minecraft Launcher. Before clicking Play, click ‘Edit Profile’ to the left. On the ‘Select Version’ drop down menu, go to the bottom and you will find a ‘1.8.8Forge’ version . Click that, then OK, and then click Play. It will take longer than usual to load up, especially if you are using multiple mods. Start a world and if whatever your mod does is there, you have successfully installed a mod using Minecraft Forge.
Option : Automatically Update The Drivers
This is the quickest and easiest option. Its all done with just a couple of mouse clicks.
If you dont have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.It will detect, download, and install the updated drivers that are compatible with your system.
1) and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.3) Click the Update button next to the video driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it .
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
Hopefully, this post helps you add mods for Minecraft and you dont need to be annoyed by the issues that affect your gameplay! Also if you have any ideas or questions, please leave a comment below. Wed love to hear from you!
Read Also: Minecraft Server Icons Maker
Set Up The Minecraft Launcher
Once youve installed the Minecraft Launcher, follow these steps to set it up:
1. On your computer, find and open the Minecraft Launcher so it can automatically check for and install updates.2.Sign-in with your Mojang or Microsoft Account.
3. When youve logged in to your Mojang or Microsoft Account, verify that youre can play Minecraft: Java Edition by looking for the large Play button.
4. To test that Minecraft: Java Edition runs on your computer, to start Minecraft: Java Edition. The Minecraft Launcher will download everything else it needs to run Minecraft: Java Edition.
The Best Minecraft Mods 2022
Minecraft is great, but have you ever played it with mods? Here’s our compendium of the best Minecraft mods around
What are the best Minecraft mods? Its a question thats been asked for generations ever since a young Plato attempted to tweak his game at the knee of Socrates. Or something. As new Minecraft mods have been steadily flowing out since the games first public release almost a decade ago, theres a whole heap to choose from.
Minecraft is a blocky phenomenon. Its the only game to ever exist that allows you to construct a castle the height of Jacks famous beanstalk and fall through an increasingly challenging abyss for an eternity but it could do with some Minecraft mods to improve things. From interface changes to tools to aid your hours of exploration, you have the option to make Mojangs classic even better on PC.
The following list compiles some of the best Minecraft mods out there right now. All are divided into sections, depending on what you want to do with the game from simple changes to deep, intricate Minecraft mods you can get lost in for months.
These are the best Minecraft mods:
Don’t Miss: Minecraft Xbox 360 Redeem Code
Fossils And Archeology Revival
Minecraft version: 1.12.2 |
If theres one thing missing from Minecraft its dinosaurs. Who doesnt want to ditch creepers in favour of riding around on a T-Rex? Not only is there a massive amount of dinosaurs to spawn in creative, but in survival, the player can hunt down fossils and bring these forgotten beasts back to life. As well as a texture overhaul, theres also a new mob boss in the Anu for those looking to put their prehistoric skills to the test.
How To Install Minecraft Pe Mods / Addons For Android
Mods have been popular for a long time for Android but it’s only now that add-ons have been introduced as an official feature of the game. And the best part is that it supports all operating systems such as iOS, Windows 10 Edition, Amazon/Kindle and Android!
On this page we have compiled a couple of different guides which you can use to install Minecraft PE add-ons, ModPE scripts or BlockLauncher addons. If you have any problems, please !
Don’t Miss: Server Icon Minecraft Maker
Installation For The Old Launcher
- Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP:
– Resources folder – Config folder – The .minecraft folderFollow the instructions on your download for clarification on where to copy files to.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10:
– Resources folder – Config folder – The .minecraft folderFollow the instructions on your download for clarification on where to copy files to.
This is a way to install mods using the terminal
- 1. Go to Applications > Utilities and open terminal.
- 2. Type in the following, line by line:
rm -rf mctmp
- Any OS:
On most operating systems you can select the texture packs button on minecraft’s main menu which will open the minecraft folder. Click ‘up’ from there and you will be in the .minecraft directory.
Add Your Mod To ‘minecraft’
To see your mod in action, download the mod file you want, and then place it in a folder created by Forge called “mods.” If you can’t find this folder, save your downloaded mod file anywhere else that you can find it.
You’ll want to save your files in the specific “Mods” folder. Emma Witman/Insider
Read Also: How To Code Java For Minecraft
How To Mod Minecraft
You’ve explored every cave, you’ve grown every crop, and your home in the Nether is bigger than your main base. Now it’s time for the final frontier of Minecraft: mods.
Minecraft is a game that draws both the creative and the meticulous, which quickly led to numerous player-made modifications to this impressive little game. These are called mods, and they can completely change how you play Minecraft.
A quick note on what mods actually do: Mods fundamentally change how Minecraft operates by manipulating the game’s files. This can be as simple as creating a new block, to entirely new game mechanics. No matter the mod, you’re going to have to dive into the game’s folder structurewhich can be scary. If you’re more interested in how to change just the appearance of Minecraft, take a look at resource packs instead.
Note that these instructions are for how to mod Minecraft on Windows. Mods will work just fine on OS X and other platforms, but will have different locations for where the folders are stored. Broadly, however, the instructions remain the same.
A Word of WarningBecause you’ll be mucking around in the guts of the game, it’s important to backup the things you don’t want to loselike save files. These are stored in the \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves folder, but more on this later. You should also familiarize yourself with Mojang’s website, so you can download a clean copy of Minecraft in case everything goes to hell.
How To Install Mods In Minecraft
Installation of mods is not as difficult process as it seems to many, just enough to read and execute a few items in this manual. And finally, you can indulge in an interesting fashion, which can add to Minecraft absolutely anything from small items to whole worlds.
Instruction are provided for Minecraft versions above 1.6. Do not recommend at all to use the version less.
1) Download our TLauncher, because with it, this statement omitted many of the unnecessary actions from your side.
2) Find in the Internet the mod you need and look at what version of the game he developed. We have the example will be EnderBags for version 1.10.2. Download the mod file and save while at any location on the computer.
3) Open the launcher and find it in the list of Forge versions version is the same as the mod, in our case 1.10.2. Click on the “Install” button, wait for the install and first run.
4) Now you need to open the folder with the player, you can go to this path: c:\Users\ USER\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\ , or may in the launcher click “Open folder”, thereby immediately find yourself in the right directory.
5) In it we find the folder “mods” and go into it. Take the downloaded mod (which has the extension .jar or .zip and copy into the open mods folder.
You May Like: How To Make A 24 7 Minecraft Server
How To Turn Resource Packs On And Off While Playing
If you start playing and find the new resource pack distracting, or if you want to compare the altered textures to the originals, you can turn your resource packs on and off while playing.
Playable Minecraft In A Chest
Mini Minecraft is a playable version of Minecraft shrunk down to the size of a chest. User SethBling posted a video of the mod in action on with a link to download it in the description. This mod has all the same features as the original game, except its you can control the whole thing through the interface of a Minecraft chest.
When you leave the chest youll see your actions laid out in front of you as if youd been working in 2D the whole time.
You May Like: Redeem Minecraft Code
Finding The Minecraft Mods Folder
- On Windows: do Start / Run / %appdata%, or type %appdata% into the location field of the Windows Explorer then open Minecraft.
- On Mac: click on the desktop, press Command+Shift+G, type ~/Library and press enter then open ‘Application Support’ and finally ‘minecraft’.
- On Linux: in a terminal window, type “xdg-open ~/.minecraft”… or ifyou like working at the commandline, “cd ~/.minecraft”.
Modloader Spawnlist And Friends
- There are many mods that absolutely require other mods to work, because they use some of the commands these other mods give. These are also known as utility mods. These mods include ModLoader , and Minecraft Forge, which is a more advanced version of modloader. These mods that are required by some mods will need to be installed with the mod before Minecraft is run. Without them, the mod will not work and can even lead to Minecraft crashing.
Mod authors may give a configuration file to change item ID’s. Find the conflicting ID, and change it. Just remember that when an update for minecraft or for the mod comes out, you must use the same item ID’s, or suffer the crashes.Here is a video tutorial showing you how to install Forge Mod Loader for Minecraft:
Don’t Miss: How To Use Minecraft Code
How Do I Install The Minecraft Launcher For Minecraft: Java Edition Mods
Your first step to installing and playing with mods in Minecraft: Java Edition is, of course, to actually have Minecraft: Java Edition. In this portion of our Minecraft: Java Edition mods guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know about how to purchase, install, and setup the Minecraft Launcher for Minecraft: Java Edition.
The Minecraft Launcher is not just for playing Minecraft: Java Edition with mods, either. You can participate in the latest Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot tests, play Minecraft Dungeons, and even go back to previous versions of Minecraft if you want.
If you want to purchase Minecraft: Java Edition, you can go straight to the Minecraft: Java Edition store page.
Why Are Minecraft Mods So Popular
Before mods came along, games were very much like movies. They would only offer a single, predictable storyline, and you had no choice but to stick to what was delivered. In addition, the reward system was fixed and predictable. As a result, games would become boring and repetitive rather quickly.
Enter the world of mods, and the possibilities are limitless! Talented programmers have ensured that almost every aspect of the game is customizable to give you a new experience every time you pick up your playing device.
Recommended Reading: Budget Minecraft Pc
Download Mods From A Trusted Source
You can download the Minecraft mods based on your own preference. But be sure that they are compatible with your Minecraft and Forge. And they are from reliable sources.
Here we recommend you go to these two notable Minecraft mods sites:
You can check each mod to know its features before you download it. And mind that you need to carefully track where your installation files are saved.